CS/SB 226: Athletic Trainers
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Harrell
Athletic Trainers; Revising the definition of the term “athletic trainer”; requiring certain licensees to maintain certification in good standing without lapse as a condition of renewal of their athletic trainer licenses; requiring that an athletic trainer work within a specified scope of practice; requiring the direct supervision of an athletic training student to be in accordance with rules adopted by the Board of Athletic Training, etc.
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 10/22/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 20
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 122
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/23/20, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/05/20, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/13/20 -SJ 306
• Read 2nd time -SJ 306
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 319
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 319
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 809
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20
• Received -HJ 809
• Read 2nd time -HJ 993
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1030
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1030
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 659
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-29
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.