CS/HB 453: Law Enforcement and Correctional Officers
GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee ; Duggan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fischer
Law Enforcement and Correctional Officers; Revises definitions of "correctional officer" & "law enforcement officer" to include persons employed part time; specifies allegation of misconduct may originate from any source.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in Appropriations Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 573 (Ch. 2020-104)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 38
• Introduced -HJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 507
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 496
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary Committee
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 524
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 524
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 573 (Ch. 2020-104)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.