SB 1898: Student Literacy
GENERAL BILL by Rodriguez
Student Literacy; Revising and providing duties for the Just Read, Florida! Office within the Department of Education; requiring the Department of Education, in consultation with the Office of Early Learning, to implement a coordinated screening and progress monitoring system for students in the Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program through grade 8; requiring certain students to participate in a certain coordinated screening and progress monitoring system; creating the “Reading Achievement Initiative for Scholastic Excellence Act”, etc.
Last Action: 4/16/2021 Senate - Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 211
• Introduced -SJ 210
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/16/21, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/23/21, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/24/21, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 313
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.