CS/CS/SB 934: Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Wright
Education; Authorizing members of certain committees of a district school board to attend meetings and establish quorums in person or through the use of telecommunications networks; requiring additional specified strategies to be included in rules establishing uniform core curricula for each state-approved teacher preparation program; expanding the instruction that an educator preparation institute may provide to include instruction and professional development for part-time and full-time nondegreed teachers of career programs, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1159 (Ch. 2021-228), CS/HB 7011 (Ch. 2021-9), CS/CS/SB 1028 (Ch. 2021-35) -SJ 688
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/02/21, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 104
• CS by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 232
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/08/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 465
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/21, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 642
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 720
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 644
• Read 2nd time -SJ 688
• Substituted CS/HB 1159 -SJ 688
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1159 (Ch. 2021-228), CS/HB 7011 (Ch. 2021-9), CS/CS/SB 1028 (Ch. 2021-35) -SJ 688
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.