CS/CS/SB 80: Child Welfare
Child Welfare; Requiring the case record of every child under the supervision or in the custody of the Department of Children and Families, the department’s agents, or providers contracting with the department to include a case record face sheet; requiring the department to determine out-of-home placement based on priority of placements and other factors; establishing certain placement priorities for out-of-home placements; providing conditions under which a child may be removed from a caregiver’s home; requiring the department or community-based care lead agency to create and implement individualized transition plans, etc.
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/16/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations; Rules -SJ 175
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/04/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 42
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 164
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/11/21, 8:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 248
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/18/21 -SJ 270
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 249
• Read 2nd time -SJ 267
• Read 3rd time -SJ 268
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• Immediately certified -SJ 270
• In Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.