CS/SB 98: Workforce Related Programs and Services
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Albritton
Workforce Related Programs and Services; Creating the Office of Reimagining Education and Career Help Act for certain purposes; creating the Office of Reimagining Education and Career Help within the Executive Office of the Governor for a specified purpose; requiring participants of the Quick-Response Training Program to earn at or above minimum wage; establishing an automated consumer-first workforce system; requiring certain standards and policies established by the Department of Education to include a specified requirement for training providers; providing that industry certification is achieved when a student receives a credential that is identified on the Master Credentials List, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/HB 1507 -SJ 717
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Education; Appropriations -SJ 193
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/09/21, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Education
• Introduced -SJ 192
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/23/21, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 282
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 473
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 721
• Read 2nd time -SJ 714
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 1507 -SJ 717
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/HB 1507 -SJ 717
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.