CS/SJR 100: Joint Resolution of Apportionment
JOINT RESOLUTION by Reapportionment ; Rodrigues
Joint Resolution of Apportionment; Providing for the apportionment of the House of Representatives and the Senate (plans H000H8013 and S027S8058); adopting the United States Decennial Census of 2020 for use in such apportionment; providing for the inclusion of omitted areas; providing contiguity for areas specified for inclusion in one district which are noncontiguous; specifying that the apportioned districts constitute the legislative districts of the state; specifying that electronic maps serve as the official maps of the legislative districts of the state; providing for the public availability of electronic maps, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Reapportionment (RE)
• Referred to Reapportionment -SJ 8
• On Committee agenda-- Reapportionment, 01/13/22, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 8
• CS by- Reapportionment; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -SJ 116
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/19/22 -SJ 209
• CS by Reapportionment read 1st time -SJ 171
• Read 2nd time -SJ 207
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 214
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 3 -SJ 215
• Immediately certified -SJ 215
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (2/1/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 503145 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 77, NAYS 39
• Immediately certified
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (503145) -SJ 325
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 325
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State -SJ 384
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.