CS/CS/SB 1702: Building Safety
Building Safety; Defining the term “milestone inspection”; specifying that the purpose of a milestone inspection is not to determine compliance with the Florida Building Code or the firesafety code; requiring certain associations to periodically have a study conducted relating to required reserves after a specified date; requiring associations to provide for the maintenance, repair, and replacement of condominium property; authorizing boards to adopt a special assessment or borrow money for certain reasons without unit owner approval; revising certification and education requirements for directors of association boards, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7069 -SJ 766
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Rules -SJ 146
• Introduced -SJ 146
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/25/22, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 218
• Now in Regulated Industries
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/01/22, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 338
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 341
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/23/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 454
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 457
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 689
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 719
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 734
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 760
• Read 2nd time -SJ 765
• Substituted CS/HB 7069 -SJ 766
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7069 -SJ 766
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.