- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Search procedure on death of lessee.
655.935 Search procedure on death of lessee.--If satisfactory proof of the death of the lessee is presented, a lessor shall permit the person named in a court order for the purpose, or if no order has been served upon the lessor, the spouse, a parent, an adult descendant, or a person named as a personal representative in a copy of a purported will produced by such person, to open and examine the contents of a safe-deposit box leased or coleased by a decedent, or any documents delivered by a decedent for safekeeping, in the presence of an officer of the lessor; and the lessor, if so requested by such person, shall deliver:
(1) Any writing purporting to be a will of the decedent, to the court having probate jurisdiction in the county in which the financial institution is located.
(2) Any writing purporting to be a deed to a burial plot or to give burial instructions, to the person making the request for a search.
(3) Any document purporting to be an insurance policy on the life of the decedent, to the beneficiary named therein.
No other contents may be removed pursuant to this section. Access granted pursuant to this section shall not be considered the initial opening of the safe-deposit box pursuant to s. 733.6065 by a personal representative appointed by a court in this state.
History.--s. 65, ch. 92-303; s. 1, ch. 2006-134; s. 67, ch. 2006-213.