- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
446.052 Preapprenticeship program.—
(1) There is created and established a preapprenticeship education program, as defined in s. 446.021.
(2) The department, under regulations established by the State Board of Education, may administer the provisions of ss. 446.011-446.092 which relate to preapprenticeship programs in cooperation with district school boards and Florida College System institution boards of trustees. District school boards, Florida College System institution boards of trustees, and registered program sponsors shall cooperate in developing and establishing programs that include career instruction and general education courses required to obtain a high school diploma.
(3) The department, the district school boards, and the Florida College System institution boards of trustees shall work together with existing registered apprenticeship programs in order that individuals completing the preapprenticeship programs may be able to receive credit towards completing a registered apprenticeship program.
(4) Veterans who have received discharges other than dishonorable discharges shall, if qualified, receive the same priorities given to registered preapprentices.
History.—s. 4, ch. 72-113; s. 57, ch. 73-338; s. 6, ch. 79-397; s. 285, ch. 81-259; s. 23, ch. 83-174; s. 19, ch. 84-114; s. 6, ch. 85-75; s. 12, ch. 95-345; s. 18, ch. 97-98; s. 37, ch. 97-307; s. 22, ch. 98-58; s. 117, ch. 2000-165; s. 6, ch. 2004-322; s. 49, ch. 2004-357; s. 5, ch. 2019-119.