- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
For the purposes of ss. 288.017, 288.122-288.1226, and 288.124, the term:
“Tourism promotion” means any marketing efforts exercised to attract domestic and international visitors from outside the state to destinations in Florida and to stimulate Florida resident tourism to areas within the state.
“Tourist” means any person who participates in trade or recreation activities outside the county of his or her permanent residence or who rents or leases transient living quarters or accommodations as described in s. 125.0104(3)(a).
“Commission” means the Florida Commission on Tourism.
“County destination marketing organization” means a public or private agency that is funded by local option tourist development tax revenues under s. 125.0104, or local option convention development tax revenues under s. 212.0305, and is officially designated by a county commission to market and promote the area for tourism or convention business or, in any county which has not levied such taxes, a public or private agency that is officially designated by the county commission to market and promote the area for tourism or convention business.
“Direct-support organization” means the Florida Tourism Industry Marketing Corporation.
s. 2, ch. 92-299; s. 50, ch. 96-320; s. 15, ch. 99-251; s. 5, ch. 2003-5.