2019 Florida Statutes
595.402 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of Agriculture.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(3) “Program” means any one or more of the school food and nutrition service programs that the department has responsibility over including, but not limited to, the National School Lunch Program, the Special Milk Program, the School Breakfast Program, the Summer Food Service Program, the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program, and any other program that relates to school nutrition.
(4) “School breakfast program” means a program authorized by s. 4 of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966, as amended, and administered by the department.
(5) “School district” means any of the 67 county school districts, including the respective district school board.
(6) “Sponsor” means any entity that is conducting a program under a current agreement with the department.
(7) “Summer nutrition program” means one or more of the programs authorized under 42 U.S.C. s. 1761.
(8) “Universal school breakfast program” means a program that makes breakfast available at no cost to all students regardless of their household income.
History.—s. 29, ch. 2013-226; s. 35, ch. 2016-61.