- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
782.072 Vessel homicide.—“Vessel homicide” is the killing of a human being by the operation of a vessel as defined in s. 327.02 by another in a reckless manner likely to cause the death of, or great bodily harm to, another. Vessel homicide is:
(2) A felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if:
(a) At the time of the accident, the person knew, or should have known, that the accident occurred; and
(b) The person failed to give information and render aid as required by s. 327.30(1).
This subsection does not require that the person knew that the accident resulted in injury or death.
History.—s. 1, ch. 87-20; s. 15, ch. 96-330; s. 2, ch. 99-153.