CS/CS/HB 1237: Probate Procedures [SPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Criminal and Civil Justice Policy Council ; Civil Justice and Courts Policy Committee ; Hukill
Probate Procedures [SPSC]; Imposes additional duties on lessor of safe-deposit box; authorizes lessor to charge fees for performing such duties; revises requirements relating to filing caveat; revises provisions relating to notice; revises provision relating to right of election; provides that decedent's spouse may elect to take interest in homestead as tenant in common rather than life estate; provides that such election is irrevocable, etc.
Last Action: 5/28/2010 - Chapter No. 2010-132; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 998 (Ch. 2010-122)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00111
• Referred to Civil Justice & Courts Policy (CCJP); Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC); Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council -HJ 00205
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice & Courts Policy (CCJP), 03/16/10, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Civil Justice & Courts Policy (CCJP); YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00341
• CS read 1st time on 03/18/10 -HJ 00338
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.20
• Now in Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC) -HJ 00351
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC), 03/25/10, 2:45 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC); YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 00409
• Now in Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council -HJ 00409
• On Council agenda-- Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council, 04/06/10, 9:00 am, 404-H
• CS/CS by- Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 00629
• CS read 1st time on 04/07/10 -HJ 00627; Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.20
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00655
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00902
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01047; CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 01047
• In Messages; Received -SJ 00870; Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance -SJ 00870
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Banking and Insurance -SJ 00932; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1544 -SJ 00932; Read 2nd time -SJ 00932
• Read 3rd time -SJ 01053; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 01053
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01286
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2010-132; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 998 (Ch. 2010-122)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.