CS/CS/HB 7009: Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Appropriations Committee ; Choice and Innovation Subcommittee ; Moraitis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins
Education; Revises various provisions relating to charter schools; requires that full implementation of online assessments for Next Generation Sunshine State Standards in English/language arts & mathematics for all K-12 public school students occur only after technology infrastructure, connectivity, & capacity of all public schools & school districts have been load tested & independently verified as ready for successful deployment & implementation; provides that student may not be assigned to unsatisfactory teacher, particularly in single subject if student is in high school or middle school, for two consecutive school years; provides calculation for compliance with class size maximums for public school of choice; limits number of schools of technology that may be operated & established in school district; provides for Region of Technology in which three or more school districts enter into joint performance contract; requires State Board of Education to monitor schools of technology for compliance with act & performance contracts.
Last Action: 7/1/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-250, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1076 (Ch. 2013-27)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 138
• Introduced -HJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/14/13, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 10 -HJ 273
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 269
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 284
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/22/13, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 357
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 356
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 352
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 392
• Amendment(s) adopted (501965) -HJ 393
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 419
• Amendment(s) adopted (057573) -HJ 419
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 87 NAYS 29 -HJ 419
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 438
• Received -SJ 438
• Withdrawn from Education; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 828
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 828
• Substituted for CS/SB 1630 -SJ 828
• Read 2nd time -SJ 828
• Amendment(s) adopted (150830, 270732, 541520, 589856, 906024) -SJ 828
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 892
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 31 NAYS 7 -SJ 892
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) failed (153725, 173703, 591641, 847505) -HJ 1088, 1096
• Concurred in 5 amendment(s) (150830, 270732, 541520, 906024, 909518) -HJ 1097
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 76 NAYS 42 -HJ 1098
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1098
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-250, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1076 (Ch. 2013-27)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.