CS/SB 902: Building Permits
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hutson ; Bracy
Building Permits; Authorizing counties to provide notice to certain persons under certain circumstances; authorizing counties that issue building permits to charge a person a single search fee for a certain amount under certain circumstances; authorizing the governing bodies of municipalities to charge a person a single search fee for a certain amount under certain circumstances; providing exemptions to certain contracting requirements; authorizing a local government to provide notice to certain persons under certain circumstances within a specified timeframe, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 447 (Ch. 2019-75) -SJ 786
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Innovation, Industry, and Technology (IT)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/12/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 194
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 03/26/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 384
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 786
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 447 -SJ 786
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 447 (Ch. 2019-75) -SJ 786
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.