CS/SB 136: Adoption Benefits
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Bean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell ; Perry ; Farmer
Adoption Benefits; Revising the definition of the term “qualifying adoptive employee” and providing for retroactive application; providing that adoptive servicemembers and veterans are eligible to receive certain monetary benefits; requiring servicemembers and veterans seeking a benefit to apply to the Department of Children and Families, etc.
Last Action: 2/19/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 61 (Ch. 2020-22) -SJ 324
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 10/15/19, 11:00 am, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 131
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 11/13/19, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 134
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/05/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/06/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 269
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 271
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/19/20 -SJ 324
• Read 2nd time -SJ 324
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 61 -SJ 324
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 61 (Ch. 2020-22) -SJ 324
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.