CS/CS/HB 459: Building Designs
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Overdorf
Building Designs; Provides that regulations relating to building design elements may not be applied to certain structures; authorizes substantially affected person to file petition with FBC to review local government regulations; provides requirements for such petition; provides requirements for commission when considering petition; requires commission to issue nonbinding advisory opinion within specified timeframe.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 38
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 395
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 379
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 410
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -HJ 448
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 448
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/06/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 526
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 524
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 520
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.