CS/CS/SB 7040: Implementation of the Recommendations of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Infrastructure and Security ; Education ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz
Implementation of the Recommendations of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission; Authorizing a sheriff to contract for services to provide training under the Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program; adding penalties for persons who knowingly submit false information to a law enforcement agency; revising the training, consultation, and coordination responsibilities of the Office of Safe Schools; requiring the Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute to consult with specified state agencies and convene a workgroup to advise those agencies on the implementation of specified mental health recommendations, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 627
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Education
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/21/20, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 217
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 02/03/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 216
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 251
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 352
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 461
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 626
• Substituted CS/HB 7065 (Died in returning Messages) -SJ 627
• Laid on Table -SJ 627
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.