CS/HB 901: Vocational Rehabilitation Services
GENERAL BILL by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee ; Ponder ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hogan Johnson
Vocational Rehabilitation Services; Revises duties of Division of Vocational Rehabilitation; requires division to provide preemployment transition services to eligible persons; requires division to enter into formal interagency agreement with state education agency for certain purposes; requires division to work with local educational agencies to provide specified services & arrange for referrals; revises provisions relating to Florida Endowment for Vocational Rehabilitation & Florida Endowment Foundation; revises requirements for individual education plans.
• Referred to Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 77
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee, 01/16/20, 9:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• Introduced -HJ 77
• CS by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 396
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 382
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 410
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 463
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 463
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/06/20, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 526
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 526
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 649
• Read 3rd time -HJ 649
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 649
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 472
• Received -SJ 472
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 580
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1784 -SJ 580
• Read 2nd time -SJ 580
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 670
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 670
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1128
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-85
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.