- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Simplified accounting procedures in certain cases.
744.3679 Simplified accounting procedures in certain cases.--
(1) In a guardianship of property, when all assets of the estate are in designated depositories under s. 69.031 and the only transactions that occur in that account are interest accrual, deposits pursuant to settlement, or financial institution service charges, the guardian may elect to file an accounting consisting of:
(a) The original or a certified copy of the year-end statement of the ward's account from the financial institution; and
(b) A statement by the guardian under penalty of perjury that the guardian has custody and control of the ward's property as shown in the year-end statement.
(2) The clerk has no responsibility to monitor or audit the accounts and may not accept a fee for doing so.
(3) The accounting allowed by subsection (1) is in lieu of the accounting and auditing procedures under ss. 744.3678 and 744.368(1)(f). However, any interested party may seek judicial review as provided in s. 744.3685
(4) The guardian need not be represented by an attorney in order to file the annual accounting allowed by subsection (1).
History.--s. 1, ch. 93-102.