CS/SB 1408: Department of Financial Services
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Burgess
Department of Financial Services; Specifying powers and duties of the Division of Public Assistance Fraud; specifying a condition that must be met before certain firefighter cancer-related benefits may be paid from the State Risk Management Trust Fund; specifying a criminal penalty for the willful and knowing dissemination of a sexual harassment victim’s personal identifying information, except under certain circumstances; prohibiting persons from acting as or advertising themselves as being funeral directors, embalmers, direct disposers, or preneed sales agents unless they are so licensed; prohibiting a firesafety inspector from knowingly and intentionally requesting, soliciting, accepting, or agreeing to accept certain compensation, etc.
Last Action: 3/15/2021 Senate - Now in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 138
• Introduced -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/10/21, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 244
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations; Rules -SJ 255
• Now in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.