CS/CS/SB 954: Attorney Compensation
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Bean
Attorney Compensation; Requiring an attorney representing a personal representative in an estate administration who intends to charge a certain fee to make specified written disclosures; prohibiting an attorney who does not make such disclosures from being paid for legal services except in certain circumstances; requiring an attorney representing a trustee in the initial administration of a trust who intends to charge a certain fee to make specified written disclosures; providing that the complexity of a trust may be considered when determining what is an extraordinary service, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 625 (Ch. 2021-145) -SJ 640
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 105
• Introduced -SJ 105
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 276
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/29/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -SJ 324
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 559
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 560
• Read 2nd time -SJ 639
• Substituted CS/HB 625 -SJ 640
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 625 (Ch. 2021-145) -SJ 640
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.