CS/SB 450: Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Garcia
Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders; Requiring a specific level of screening for peer specialists working in mental health programs and facilities; specifying that the use of peer specialists for recovery support is an essential element of a coordinated system of behavioral health care; requiring the Department of Children and Families to develop a training program for peer specialists and give preference to trainers who are certified peer specialists; requiring peer specialists to meet the requirements of a background screening as a condition of employment and continued employment, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/06/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/13/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 01/10/18, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 37
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 96
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 142
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/15/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 353
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 353
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• Read 2nd time -SJ 427
• Amendment(s) adopted (156982) -SJ 428
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 428
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 560
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 561
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.