SB 1244: State Workforce Development Boards
GENERAL BILL by Albritton
State Workforce Development Boards; Defining the terms “for cause” and “state board”; replacing CareerSource Florida, Inc., with the state board or the Department of Economic Opportunity in provisions relating to the implementation of the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act; revising provisions relating to the operation of CareerSource Florida, Inc.; authorizing a chief elected official for a local workforce development board to remove certain persons from the board for cause; revising authority relating to the Workforce Training Institute, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 426 (Ch. 2020-30)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 91
• Introduced -SJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/21/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 02/10/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 268
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 539
• Read 3rd time -SJ 539
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 539, 540
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 426 (Ch. 2020-30)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.