The Senate will convene on Monday, May 17, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. for 2021 Special Session A.
Broad-Based Tax Relief
House Bill 7061 delivers tax relief to families and businesses across the state, with sales tax holidays for the upcoming hurricane season, school year, and outdoor activities. The bill also provides relief for affordable housing properties and items that support independent living.
Improving Florida’s Unemployment System
The Senate passed SB 50 by Senator Gruters to prevent unexpected tax hikes on Florida businesses and replenish Florida’s Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund. SB1906 by Senator Brodeur and Senator Stewart would increase the weekly unemployment benefit from $275 to $375.
- Memorandum Regarding Special Session on Gaming Legislation (pdf) May 14, 2021 - Publication by President's Office
- 2021 Special Session on Gaming FAQs (pdf) May 14, 2021 - Publication by President's Office
- Summary of the 2021 Gaming Compact (pdf) May 14, 2021 - Publication by President's Office
- State Senator Gary Farmer Calls for the Creation of a Strategic Fuel Reserve in the State of Florida May 13, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- Historic Expansion of School Choice Options for Florida Families Signed Into Law May 11, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Democratic Caucus Urges Attorney General to Put Children Over Politics, Sign On to National Effort Nixing Instagram Accounts for Kids May 11, 2021 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Statement From Florida State Senator Linda Stewart On Governor's Signing Of Restrictive Voting Bill Into Law May 6, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Statement from State Senator Janet Cruz On Governor DeSantis' Signing Of SB 90 May 6, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Cruz