CS/HB 7097: Administration of Property Taxes
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Finance and Tax Committee ; Caldwell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lopez-Cantera
Administration of Property Taxes; Revises definitions of terms "assessed value of property" & "complete submission of the rolls"; provides that taxpayer has right to have hearing before value adjustment board rescheduled if hearing is not commenced within certain period after scheduled time; revises information that must be included on real property assessment roll relating to transfer of ownership of property; limits review of changes in assessed value of real property resulting from informal conference with taxpayer to review by DOR or designated entity; deletes provisions requiring that tax collector report amounts of deferred tax liability to DOR; deletes exception to requirement that value adjustment board render written decision relating to petitioner's failure to make required payment; requires department to provide certain assistance in investigations of property appraisers; clarifies provisions relating to rental of homestead dwelling; authorizes servicemembers who receive homestead exemption & who are deployed in certain military operations to receive additional ad valorem tax exemption.
Last Action: 4/30/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-193, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 522
• Introduced -HJ 521
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/22/12, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 816
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 812
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 811
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 861
• Amendment(s) adopted (581585) -HJ 862
• Amendment(s) failed (473475) -HJ 862
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 915
• Amendment(s) adopted (472515, 552775) -HJ 916
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 98 NAYS 17 -HJ 917
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 865
• Referred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget; Rules -SJ 865
• Withdrawn from Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget; Rules -SJ 1329
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1329
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1256 -SJ 1329
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1329
• Amendment(s) adopted (802968) -SJ 1329
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1336
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 1336
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (802968) -HJ 1644
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 110 NAYS 5 -HJ 1651
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1651
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-193, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.